pick_me

9/07/2008

More Seeds

seeds
Seeds from Select Seeds


I've been on a seed buying craze these past few months. Whenever I see a site that has seeds on sale I just have to look and of course there are things I find that I just NEED. I just purchased seeds from Select Seeds from their clearance section. I thought I would need more annuals as I have mostly perennials and they just out grow the containers so fast. I made an effort to get more herbs and more annuals in different colors.

Here is what I purchased:
Feverfew 'Virgo'-chrysanthemum parthenium
Bronze Fennel 'Smokey'- Foeniculum vulgare
Salvia annual clary 'Blue Denim'- Salvia viridis
Castor Oil Bean 'Zanzibariensis Mix'- Ricinus communis
Love Lies Bleeding- Amaranthus caudatus
Calendula 'Pink Surprise'- Calendula officinalis
Jasmine Tobacco- Nicotiana alata
Love in a Mist 'Miss Jekyll Blue'- Nigella damascena
Cosmos 'White Sonata'- Cosmos bipinnatus
Larkspur 'Scarlet King'- Consolida ambigua
Shirley Poppy- Papaver rhoeas (Free with order)

I'm not sure if some of these will do well here but I might as well try. I have been wanting to get the Bronze Fennel after seeing it at the Botanical Gardens and the Love in a Mist has been on my must have list forever. I tried to pick colors that would look good together easily and some texture differences. I'm going to have to make a plan so that my balcony will look organized instead of looking like a plant bomb landing on it.

5 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

A long time ago I had that Love-in-a-Mist. It never reseeded, and I don't know why I never grew it again. I've decided I need to grow Fennel next year & that sounds like a neat one.

Anonymous said...

Feverfew is great. The flowers have a very Old World look to me. Hope they start well for you.

Anonymous said...

That is such a great list of seeds - For us they are all self sowers (I'm not sure about Calendula because we haven't grown that lately and the Castor bean. --But you might want to cut the Castor bean blooms off anyway since the seeds are poisonous). Sow, (pun intended!) with any luck your thrifty purchase will give you years of enjoyment.

Carla said...

What pretty packages! I hope they all do VERY well for you!

Anonymous said...

I love Nigella, but I don't have any in my garden now. It is such a pretty flower with a lovely shade of blue. Its 2 somewhat contradictory common names love-in-a-mist and devil-in-a-bush give it an exotic sound.
Have fun with all of your new seeds, and anticipating the next season of beautiful flowers.