pick_me

2/22/2008

Hyacinth Woodstock

hyacinths woodstock
Hyacinth Woodstock


My hyacinth woodstock looks like it should be blooming soon. I orginally bought these to force indoors. The container I had didn't fit all the bulbs so half went outside. I planted 3 inside and 3 outside. The other one outside is in another container and is not as large as these. The ones inside are outside right now getting some sun.

hyacinth woodstock
Photo from www.dutchgardens.com



Woodstock Hyacinth is a fragrant hyacinth with burgundy purple blooms. Some vary from a deeper wine purple red to a light reddish purple. They grow 8-12" high and can be grown in sun to partial shade. This hyacinth would be great for forcing indoors with the wonderful fragrance. I can't wait to smell it when mine bloom. The Woodstock Hyacinth is also good for containers and borders. They are deer and rabbit resistant. Their blooms last 3-4 weeks in mid spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Your blog is beautiful. Let me take a look around and see what cha got going. I can see you at least have new sprouts. I did see a few myself today. yea, warm weather on the way.