pick_me

11/18/2007

Green Thumb Sunday Sweet Basil

Here is another then and now. I purchase a sweet basil plant yet again from Hazzards Greenhouse


Sweet Basil the Day it Arrived


New Growth


Reaching Higher and Higher


Starting to Flower


I'm starting to wish I had let is set seed. I didn't though, I pinched it back. It has filled out more and looks much healthier now. When I receive it the leaves were rather yellow and sad looking. There were tons of ants where there were flowers. I love the nice herbal smell of the leaves. I used a few in some spaghetti sauce yesterday. I didn't really notice a distinct flavor but I'm shy with new herbs. My fingers smelt like the sweet basil for the rest of the night though even after washing vigorously.

Green Thumb Sunday



Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is better than the scent of basil on your fingertips? Love that smell!

Anonymous said...

I have a video of sweet basil taken with time lapse video over a 24hr period. Tell me what you think.
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCRx0EFhCoc