pick_me

11/04/2007

Green Thumb Sunday

peat pots
All the little peat pots standing in a row.


There hasn't been much growing drastic growth lately. I have a few things that have surprising started new growth that I took for no good.

I love to grow seeds. To me it is the most gratifying experience. When I start I get carried away. It all started with 1 seed package and 1 little peat pot. Now there are 12 peat pots with little seedlings.

Every night I take my seedlings inside because the 40 degree temps make them wilt. I'd rather be safe then sorry. In my pots I have godetia, pansies, candytuft, corkscrew vine, Mt. Fuji morning glories, coral vine, peony poppy mix, venus poppy, and mint.

I have a green thumb for peat pots. Everything I put in a peat pot that is seed just jets up. When I put seeds in real pots they just don't like to grow.

Green Thumb Sunday



Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

4 comments:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I wanted to add that the first plant in the Greens and Pinks post is a Tri-color Dracaena (Dracaena marginata)

Muum said...

Do you have to worry about frosts? When will you plant out your starts?

Ki said...

I hate the actually potting and planting of the seeds but love to see them grow. You seem to be in production.

Priscilla George said...

digital- Thank you for identifying that plant for me. It provided nice information. Thank goodness I was giving it the right light and water.

muum- Here in San Antonio our first frost is in the middle/end of november and our last frost is in early March. We don't have a very long winter which makes me happy to be able to plant more. I will start to plant my seeds in january and february. I'm really trying to stick to when they are supposed to be planted instead of when I want to plant them.

Ki- I love potting and planting. How about I do your potting and planting and you can maintain. all of mine and yours. Deal. These seeds are ones I started about a month ago. I'm trying to not plant anything right now, but it's so hared to fight the urge.